Making the Insurance Process Easier
When you’re getting a new roof because of storm damage, your homeowners’ insurance may be able to cover some of the cost. To ensure that you’re getting your money’s worth, Top Dog Roofing works closely with you and your insurance adjuster. Our roofing contractors have more than 50 years of combined experience, and we’re with you from start to finish.
Get Your Free Inspection
How To Choose a Roofing Contractor
Many roofing contractors say they’ll work with you throughout the insurance process, but can you trust what they say? If a contractor says they can cover or waive your deductible, that’s a bad sign. Contractors cannot cover your deductible: that’s insurance fraud. If your chosen contractor is willing to compromise on insurance fraud, what will they compromise on when building your roof?
- Carries general liability insurance.
- Passed an installation workmanship inspection.
- Carries all required licensing and insurance.
- Has good standing with the BBB.
- Has a brick-and-mortar office.
- Has mainly positive reviews online.
Top Dog Roofing will never cut corners when working with your insurance company or on your roof. We keep your best interests in mind when working with your insurance company.
Learn About Us
- Once you call us, we will send one of our experienced and professional Roof Consultants out to your home. They will assess the age, structure, and damage of your roof. Our video inspections are free.
- Your Roof Consultant will show you pictures and videos of your roof's damage. Then, they will give you our professional opinion about possible next steps. This is the perfect time to ask questions about roof replacements, roof restoration, and other options.
- It's time for you to decide whether you would like to get work done on your roof. If you decide against it, no worries: our video inspections are free with no purchase necessary. If you do need roofing services, then you can file a claim with your insurance company. Our team also provides financing for an out-of-pocket bid or repair.
- After you file a claim with your insurance company, you will be assigned an adjuster. They will likely call within 48 hours after you make your claim and schedule a time to inspect your home. Let your Top Dog Roofing Roof Consultant know when your adjuster is dropping by. We highly recommend having one of our trained professionals on-site when the adjuster is making their assessment.
- Your Roof Consultant will meet with your adjuster and discuss the state of your roof. We will show them the extent of your roof's damage and explain why we think it is storm, hail, or wind damage. Our Roof Consultants will talk in-depth about the scope of our suggested work, what additional items of work are required, and why we think they are necessary. Thanks to years of experience, we know how to work collaboratively with your adjuster. This service is free for homeowners, regardless if your claim is approved or denied. Top Dog Roofing and its representative are not and do not claim to be Public Insurance Adjusters. The approval or denial of your claim is not up to Top Dog Roofing, but solely up to the insurance company and/or adjuster assigned to your claim.
- If your claim is approved, then your Roof Consultant will discuss your roof replacement options. We will give you a Construction Agreement that discusses everything you can expect from us and what we can expect from you. Be aware that Top Dog Roofing will never pay your deductible: that is insurance fraud. If your claim is denied, don't worry. You can still get a roof replacement. We will discuss your financing options with you. Rest assured that you'll have 100% control over the financing and payment process.
- Now it is time for our office staff to get to work. They will schedule a build date that works for you, pull required city permits, check building codes, order materials, and take care of insurance supplements (if needed). Unless otherwise discussed, we will drop off your roofing materials 24 hours before your build date.
- When your build date arrives, our crew and project manager will arrive early to pull off your roof and install the new one. Many roof replacements are completed in a day, but this depends on the weather conditions, roof size, and other factors.
- After the roof is installed, we will clean up and sweep your property for nails and other trash. We do our best to get every nail.
- Lastly, we will meet with you for a close-out meeting. Once you pay your invoice, we will give you your warranty paperwork.